The liver is one of the most important organs of the body. It has a variety of functions and there are many diseases that can cause damage to this important organ. The most frequent causes of these diseases are viruses of hepatitis A, hepatitis B, and hepatitis C. The other liver diseases are caused by toxins, alcohol or medications.
The main symptoms of liver disease are divided into early ones: general weakness, sleep disorders, itching, dryness and bitterness in the mouth.
The advanced symptoms are:
• yellowing of the skin and the eyes (jaundice)
• swelling of the legs, ankles, and feet due to fluid accumulation
• abdominal swelling
• severe itching of the skin.
• hair loss.
• abnormal cuffing at the ends of fingers and nails
• red spots on the palm of the hand.
• significant weight loss.
• weakness and lack of muscle mass.
• confusion and problems with memory, sleep, and personality changes due to the accumulation of toxins in the brain.
• bloody vomiting and black stool due to internal hemorrhage.
• the tendency to bleeding and bruising easily, such as frequent bleeding of the nose and gums.
• excessive sensitivity to alcohol and medications, because the liver cannot properly handle the metabolism of these substances.
Diagnostic: Examination of the liver enzymes in the blood, examination of antibodies to viral hepatitis, and examination of structural changes in the liver properties by the fibroscan.
Treatment of the liver diseases in our medical center
The treatment consists of the following stages:
1. Detoxification: (the use of medications, the treatment with the participation of endocrinologist, neurologist and other specialists if necessary. This stage prepares the body to the administration of stem cells.
2. Stem cell therapy: different types of fetal stem cells are used for the recovery of damaged cells, strengthening of the immune system and the other cells of the body.
3. Follow-up: the stage of the control of the patient’s results and correction of the medications (on demand).
Duration of the treatment in our medical center is 5 days.